Arrival Day: Sunday, July 8, 2018, check in on campus 1-3pm
Departure Day: Saturday, July 28, 2018, depart campus between 8-10am.
Day of Arrival
For Boarding Students Arriving by Plane
Students arriving by plane should plan to arrive at:
- JFK International Airport (or)
- Philadelphia International Airport (or)
- Newark International Airport (or)
- Trenton-Mercer Airport
Please make travel plans that allow students to check-in on campus during the aforementioned hours. Students will want time to take a guided tour of campus, meet other students, unpack, attend the scholar and parent cookout, and be ready for the first dormitory meeting at 7:00pm.
Students cannot be accommodated on campus before check-in day. The Summer Scholars Program does not permit late arrivals; all students must arrive for check-in on the appropriate date.
For Day Students
Orientation and Check In
Sunday, July 8, 2018 arrive between 1:00pm–3:00pm (optional)
Can’t attend Sunday? No problem! Please just check in at 8:30am on Monday, July 9, 2018.
Day of Departure
For Boarding Students Departing by Plane
We offer free bus shuttles to the same locations the morning of departure days, Saturday, July 28, 2018. Buses will depart The Lawrenceville School campus at 7:00am.
For Boarding Students Departing by Car
Saturday, July 28, 2018, depart campus between 8:00am and 10:00am.
Important Travel Guidelines
- Lawrenceville Summer Scholars cannot be responsible for students traveling as unaccompanied minors. Parents must check with the airline to see if the airlines offer unaccompanied minor service prior to purchasing tickets.
- Upon arrival, our staff will meet your scholar at the baggage claim area after security and escort them to the shuttle bus. If the airline requires a staff member to meet your scholar at the arrival gate, please contact our office to arrange this (there is an additional $100 fee for this service).
- Upon departure, our staff will escort your scholar to the check in desk/security line. If the airline requires a staff member to escort your scholar to the departure gate, please contact our office to arrange this (there is an additional $100 fee for this service).
- Lawrenceville Summer Scholars cannot be responsible for transporting to campus students whose flights arrive later than 4:00 PM on arrival day or for students whose flights depart earlier than 12:00 PM on departure day. Lawrenceville Summer Scholars does not permit late arrivals due to the content in our courses and the culture we strive for as a whole community.
- The regular departure date is Saturday, July 28. Students who leave earlier, or are required to withdraw for disciplinary reasons may not receive grades or comments. Last classes and the final ceremony are on the Friday before departure day. All residential students are expected to stay until departure day on Saturday morning to enjoy the final celebratory activities and to experience the important closure with friends and faculty.
- To arrange for your own transportation to or from campus, we recommend contacting King Limousine and Transportation services at 800-951-2680.
Visa (International Students)
- Please note, based on the US State Department rules and regulations, the appropriate visa status for travel to our program is Visitor or Tourist, not Student.