SUMMER SCHOLARS RULES AND REGULATIONS
The following Rules and Regulations must be followed while you are participating in Lawrenceville Summer Scholars. Failure to do so is grounds for dismissal:
- The hazing of any student on campus is prohibited. Hazing is defined as harassing, intimidating, bullying, or coercing another student with the purpose or result of embarrassment, disturbance, or humiliation.
- Participating in dishonest acts of any kind, including plagiarism or the unauthorized removal of materials from any facility on campus
The purchase, possession, use, or distribution of any of the following:
- Illicit or illegal drugs, including marijuana
- Prescription drugs in a manner not consistent with the instructions of the prescribing physician
- Legal over-the-counter drugs, or “homemade” preparations or remedies for purposes other than legitimate medical treatment or prescription or over-the-counter pharmaceuticals in a form that would not normally be purchased. Possession of paraphernalia related to illegal alcohol or drug use will be considered a violation of this rule.
- Leaving Lawrenceville School without permission
- Absence from the House without permission
- The purchase, possession, drinking, or being under the influence of alcoholic beverages, or the possession of empty alcoholic beverage containers
- Gambling for money
- Unauthorized visiting of boys to girls’ rooms or of girls to boys’ rooms
- Participating in any actions that create a fire hazard; this includes smoking (which is not permitted during Summer School) or burning any material in student rooms, possessing or using fire crackers, and tampering with fire extinguishers or fire alarm systems
- Use or possession of tobacco products, including smokeless tobacco and electronic cigarettes
- Use or possession of any weapons, including those used for martial arts, any type of firearms, stun guns, TASERs, or air guns of any sort, including BB guns
- Use of skateboards, scooters, rollerblades/skates, hover boards, bicycles or any other wheeled vehicle or device, except a wheelchair or necessary ambulatory device
The rules and regulations outlined in this handbook apply under normal circumstances. However, from time to time there are situations that require immediate, nonstandard responses. In such circumstances, Summer Scholars reserves the right to take actions deemed to be in the best interest of The Lawrenceville School, its faculty, and its students. This document as written does not limit the authority of Summer Scholars to alter its rules and procedures to suit any unusual or changed circumstances.